light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Monday, July 15, 2013

na escuridão, Nazim Hikmet

I shut my eyes tight

I shut my eyes tight:
you are there in the dark.
lying on your back in the darkness,
your forehead and wrists are a golden triangle in the dark.

My darling, you are inside my eyelids that are closed,
there are songs inside my closed lids.
Now everything starts with you in there.
Now, nothing remains there that was mine before you
and nothing that doesn't belong to you.

- -

Prison to prison

Behind me are the fifteen years I've spent in prisons
-----------ahead of me seventeen more...
It all waves in my mind like a banner
------------------------red as blood.

I love a woman-
-----------she's white as milk,
I sing a song
-----------which has more hope than all other songs.
My song has the joy, the sorrow, the triumph of my people
and in the palm of my hand there's my woman's hand
-----------------------which cannot touch mine.

- -

se bem que em universos distantes, cavafy-hilmet, vultos imensos do início do século 20 no extremo oriental da europa.

No comments:

 
Share