light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Monday, May 18, 2009

delayed cares motel, Joshua Lutz

sou de repentes. dependes. de pentes. serpentes, não resisti. mas a pouco e pouco ir vendo.
Joshua Lutz, via
FOAM, e um site-expo para ver com calma.











"Joshua Lutz’s book Meadowlands was awarded one of the best books of the year in the
January/December 2009" (
daqui)



'Joshua Lutz takes the New Topographics of Adams, Shore, and Sternfeld
into its current era of urban sprawl.' (The New Yorker) (daqui)

"‘As you can imagine as I moved away from the document the process changed quite a bit. When I first started I would drive around until I found something that interested me. As I started to get to know the space a bit more I would scout out different places and take notes as to when I wanted to photograph it. I would have all these lists of places to shoot in overcast, places to shoot when the sun was setting or rising and so on. Towards the end of the 10 years my process became more akin to that as a writer where I would be at home thinking about different ideas and sketching out pictures with a pen and paper. I would then try and make create or stage photographs from these different sketches’." (uma entrevista, aqui)

No comments:

 
Share