light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

beauty, Rinko Kawauchi









(uma boa foto dever ser blablabla, é como a escrita criativa)

"People often say that I have a child’s eye. For example, I stare at ants gathering around sugar, or when I seek shelter from the rain, I gaze upon snails. These are things which you often do when you are a child aren’t they? I have a very similar sensibility to that.

I prefer listening to the small voices in our world, those which whisper. I have a feeling I am always being saved by these whispers, my eyes naturally focus on small things. Even when I walk around Shibuya, I find myself running towards a little batch of flowers. I find comfort in them. I think this is a very normal sensitivity, on the contrary to what people may think, I think its sound. But of course the world we live in is not only made up of grass growing by the road, it is composed by lots and lots of other elements and so I do also take pictures of many other things. Just taking flowers is not interesting. I experience the world with a feeling of equilibrium and I think it shows in my works."
Rinko Kawauchi

daqui

fotos, daqui.
via Heidi, que me ensinou a ver  o bocadinho que vejo.

No comments:

 
Share