light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Griping about Allende and Cather

For whatever reasons I couldn't bring myself to read longer books for a while, a couple of years at least. I kept myself to short stories, short poems, magazines, excerpts, quotes... I guess there were two brief pauses: one when I read everything Isabel Allende until I could chew Allende and I could guess what her next word was going to be (I don't think I will ever read Isabel Allende again) and the other when I "discovered" Willa Cather. I fell for her and read everything I could put my hands on - by her and about her. The whole expedition stopped when people started giving me books about Willa Cather for my birthday. Somehow, some line had been crossed, it was time to come to a halt. But I'll go back to her sometime.

Just griping. Purposelessly and inconsequentially.

 
Share