light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Thursday, January 17, 2013

'This (is) suppose(d) to signify integration; however, in our times it appears as separateness of the body and soul.'

(or letting yourself go, for the moment)


the night is pregnant
poem ending with three of Rumi’s lines
por Elif Sezen


They… guards of a familiar earth
dismissing the familiarity of soil
in a sky where kites get caught in electric wires
in our hands                 and in our hands
they pass from a street
where ‘in’s explode
they call both purple and black
they either die and re-awake
they are so-called joking


But what happens if this game bothers me…
will this poem end?
or shall I put new flowers in the vase?
or I shall dream of a beyond-world Africa
I shall go down to this dark’s depth
once again
this time I shall see another wolf
yes I shall love him               too
(I shall enjoy my murder)


I will leave these balloons
so colour diffuses everywhere
we will disappear in our own beauty
but this poem still won’t end
pen will
so does paper
I have prepared myself for what’s happening
we always knew that
they never existed
never passed from that street
we were still lost in the rose-scented air
were getting lost in the night
getting lost in the blue
we were saying
‘this is enough
wherever this beauty leads us
just let it happen’


The street was aching
even the city was aching
it was just before we departed
how strange it was!


Something should be said
something hasn’t been said
the night bird stood still          —that sky!


But light forgives
light of trees
expects us to gently surrender
and says:


“Don’t disintegrate            don’t!
remember:
The night is pregnant”*

.

.

.

- -
daqui

No comments:

 
Share