light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

brilliant paragraph

Black looks at- (or rather we see Butterfly looking at Black looking at the room); or a still life.

"Black was examining my workshop, committing everything he saw to memory. He was intently observing my long paper scissors, ceramic bowls filled with yellow pigment, bowls of paint, the apple I occasionally nibbled as I worked, the coffeepot resting on the edge of the stove in the back, my diminutive coffee cups, the cushions, the light filtering through the half-opened window, the mirror I used to check the composition of a page, my shirts and, over there, my wife’s red sash caught like a sin in the corner where she’d dropped it as she quickly quit the room upon hearing Black’s knock at the front door."

Pamuk em My Name is Red.

No comments:

 
Share