light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Sunday, June 9, 2013

que eu gostaria de ler em Portugal

em vez dos gerações rasca e outras m* semelhantes:

Thank you, my chapuller son 

Thank you for being so brave… Thank you for being so clever... Thank you and your friends for having taught us so much over the course of the past few days that we have difficulty catching up.

Yes, I’m talking about my son and all the other young people staging the Gezi Park resistance in Istanbul, now in its 12th day.

I thought my teachings, lectures and giving examples from my life would never end for you. Well, it ended on the day of June 1, my dear. Now, you are teaching me what is right and wrong. I am outdated. Your father is also outdated. Now, we are learning from you.

Let me admit, I had seen the sparks of wisdom in you before this and you know I have complete faith in you and your future and your friends. But, really, frankly, I did not know you were so wise.

I was supposed to be the source of information. I was providing you all the social knowledge needed.

That’s what I thought. Well, you taught me you are better informed. Some of yours need confirming but you taught me to question my information sources.

“You are so much more peaceful than us. You are so much cleverer than us. You are much wittier than us. You use technology much better than us, a million times better. You are more artistic than us. You are much more humanistic. You have so much solidarity with each other. And you have left a much more permanent mark than any of us…” -----This is what Ertuğrul Özkök wrote in daily Hürriyet on June 6.

You have taught us creative ways to stage a peaceful resistance. You have shown us what kind of strength, how much power you have when you come together. You have taught us how we can say “no” to the oppressor; how we can defend our core values. That there is not one way but several ways to stand up for our rights…


- -
um belo artigo para ler na íntegra.
vocês (eu), velhos, tenham mais respeito.

No comments:

 
Share