light gazing, ışığa bakmak

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fahamu Pecou

Na Harper's que eu ainda não recebi: Fahamu Pecou.




"Thinking through the process of media propaganda brought me to my current work with magazine covers. Magazines are the embodiment of the psychology behind marketing and advertising. Playing on the public's psychological reaction to magazines, and preconceived ideas about who should be in them, I began projecting my image and ideals on the covers of magazines. I further abstracted the concept by juxtaposing my character's in-your-face, hip hop bravado on fine art magazines. The work begins with professional photo shoots and graphic design to create sketches for the over-sized canvases. A combination of ideas are then examined in the final pieces that play with notions of fame, image and black masculinity as well as fine art insider politics."

Gallery. Statement. Exibição.

No comments:

 
Share